PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] Reminder - Round 2317 - 2nd try - TAHR

Efrem Mallach
July 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
With just over 15 hours to go ten definitions are in, including two from VOUSSOIR that have not yet been replaced.
Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Begin forwarded message:

> From: Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) umassd (DOT) edu>
> Date: June 30, 2012 10:40:31 AM EDT
> To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
> Subject: [Dixonary] Round 2317 - 2nd try - TAHR
> Reply-To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
>
> The replacement word for round 2317 is, with no implied capitalization:
>
> ********************
> TAHR
> ********************
>
> The three definitions already submitted for VOUSSOIR will be retained and used for TAHR unless I get replacements from their submitters.
>
> Please e-mail your definitions to emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net, not to the group (i.e., do not Reply to this message) by 8 am EDT on Monday, July 2. That's 5 am U.S. Pacific time, 1 pm UK time, 2 pm in continental Europe, and other times in other places.
>
> Efrem
>

Christopher Carson
July 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Efrem,

Just a hint based on past experience. When reporting progress with definitions, it is very helpful to list the people from whom you have received defs. That way, if a submitter sees that his name is missing he can take some action. Cory does this for you when you select ‘post progress’, creating a progress message with a list of submitters.

Chris

Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 4:46 PM
To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
Subject: [Dixonary] Reminder - Round 2317 - 2nd try - TAHR

With just over 15 hours to go ten definitions are in, including two from VOUSSOIR that have not yet been replaced.
Efrem

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 30, 2012 10:40:31 AM EDT

To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com

Subject: [Dixonary] Round 2317 - 2nd try - TAHR

Reply-To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com

The replacement word for round 2317 is, with no implied capitalization:

TAHR

The three definitions already submitted for VOUSSOIR will be retained and used for TAHR unless I get replacements from their submitters.

Please e-mail your definitions to emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net, not to the group (i.e., do not Reply to this message) by 8 am EDT on Monday, July 2. That's 5 am U.S. Pacific time, 1 pm UK time, 2 pm in continental Europe, and other times in other places.

Efrem

Efrem Mallach
July 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM
Excellent idea, Chris. Even though I don't have any dixonary-specific software yet, I can do it easily from my spreadsheet.
I'll keep it in mind for next time, though, so as not to bug people too frequently now.
By the way, you're among the missing! :)
Thanks,
Efrem

On Jul 1, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Christopher Carson wrote:

> Efrem,
>
> Just a hint based on past experience. When reporting progress with definitions, it is very helpful to list the people from whom you have received defs. That way, if a submitter sees that his name is missing he can take some action. Cory does this for you when you select ‘post progress’, creating a progress message with a list of submitters.
>
> Chris
>
>
> From: Efrem Mallach
> Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 4:46 PM
> To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
> Subject: [Dixonary] Reminder - Round 2317 - 2nd try - TAHR
>
> With just over 15 hours to go ten definitions are in, including two from VOUSSOIR that have not yet been replaced.
> Efrem
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Efrem Mallach <emallach (AT) umassd (DOT) edu>
>> Date: June 30, 2012 10:40:31 AM EDT
>> To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
>> Subject: [Dixonary] Round 2317 - 2nd try - TAHR
>> Reply-To: dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com
>>
>> The replacement word for round 2317 is, with no implied capitalization:
>>
>> ********************
>> TAHR
>> ********************
>>
>> The three definitions already submitted for VOUSSOIR will be retained and used for TAHR unless I get replacements from their submitters.
>>
>> Please e-mail your definitions to emallach (AT) verizon (DOT) net, not to the group (i.e., do not Reply to this message) by 8 am EDT on Monday, July 2. That's 5 am U.S. Pacific time, 1 pm UK time, 2 pm in continental Europe, and other times in other places.
>>
>> Efrem
>>
>
>

Jim Hart
July 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Efrem - good luck with the deal. It seems to be well under control and
don't worry about the pre-used word - after more than 2000 games it's not
surprising some words try to come round again.

As for software, some folk here like to be fully automated, some go
semi-manual. Either way I think it's wise to start simple, as you are
doing, to get familiar with the process. I started using a spreadsheet some
time back when I unexpectedly won the deal, as it seemed simpler than
installing and learning the software in a hurry. Then I got used to doing
it that way so haven't changed. But like I said - we all have our
preferences.

Jim

Efrem Mallach
July 1st, 2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks, Jim. I'm fairly decent with spreadsheets and can put one together that will automate the scoring. I think I'll go that route for a while. I have the hammer, and Dixonary looks suspiciously like a nail!

Efrem

On Jul 1, 2012, at 6:49 PM, Jim Hart wrote:

>
> Efrem - good luck with the deal. It seems to be well under control and don't worry about the pre-used word - after more than 2000 games it's not surprising some words try to come round again.
>
> As for software, some folk here like to be fully automated, some go semi-manual. Either way I think it's wise to start simple, as you are doing, to get familiar with the process. I started using a spreadsheet some time back when I unexpectedly won the deal, as it seemed simpler than installing and learning the software in a hurry. Then I got used to doing it that way so haven't changed. But like I said - we all have our preferences.
>
> Jim
>
>
>
>